Sonntag, 3. Juni 2018



The story behind my build

I’ve been skating regular boards since I was eleven years old and until about sixteen there were very few days without a board beneath my feet. For some reason I lost interest in skating for some years but a while back a good friend of mine who I skated with back then had the idea to get boards again. Just to “goof” around a bit. I discovered quickly that I still love skating which is why I was really excited when I heard about our project.
So my first thought was: I want to build a cruiser! I want a short wheel base for the narrow streets of Berlin and I need a kick tale because I’m used to normal decks and I need it to feel to feel safe.
Also I wanted the design to be very simple which is why I chose a droplet shape for the deck, a short round nose and a pointy tale. My classmate Tom managed to get his hands on oak boards for our project and the look of the wood itself is beautiful enough. No paint job needed! I am planning to spray paint the logo of our long board collective on the bottom of my board. I will just use a simple stencil with black paint and a clear coat for the whole deck afterwards and to finish the project I will put a few strips of grip tape on the top.
Because of the bit of experience I have with skateboarding I am able to show the others how to assemble the wheels, bearings, trucks and so on.

Søren



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen